Playhouse Cooperative Preschool and Kindergarten
Date: March 10, 2018
Time: 1:00 pm
Location: Unitarian Church, Montclair, NJ
67 Church St Montclair NJ 07042
Raise an Emotionally Intelligent Child: How Children Develop Secure Attachment, Self-Esteem and Resilience
Emotional intelligence means being smart about our emotions. That means noticing what we are feeling and being able to regulate those emotions. It also means being smart about other people’s emotions - understanding what they are feeling and what may motivate them to behave in a certain way. The best way to teach emotional intelligence is through example. In this talk, you will learn:
- Why Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is more important to your child’s success in life than IQ
- How to give your child the tools of high EQ
- Helping kids manage their emotions, so they can manage their behavior
- The secrets every parent needs to know about crying and anger
- Managing your own emotions so your child learns to regulate their own
- Two Hour Talk includes 1 hour Q and A to help parents apply these ideas to their own families.
Please contact Playhouse with any questions about this event at 973-736-9451.
To buy tickets in advance, CLICK HERE!
View all events