Whatcom Community College
Date: May 15, 2018
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Syre Auditorium
237 W. Kellogg Rd. Bellingham WA 98226
This event is sponsored by the Bellingham Public Library, Bellingham Public Schools, Bellingham Technical College, Whatcom Community College, the Associated Students of Whatcom Community CollegePeaceful Parent, Happy Kids: Help Kids WANT to Cooperate Without Yelling, Threats, Bribes or Punishment
Are you tired of battling with your child? Do you wish you knew how to get your child cooperating without yelling and threats? Are you trying to find the sweet spot between spoiling and strict? Dr. Laura Markham gives you practical everyday strategies to help you raise a child who WANTS to cooperate, by working with your child rather than trying to manipulate or control.
No parent is peaceful all the time, but it's completely possible to create a more peaceful home where affection, connection and humor help you resolve conflict happily, and where kids WANT to follow your lead.
In this talk, you'll have a chance to ask questions about your own parenting, and you'll learn:
- Why children misbehave -- and how to help them WANT To Cooperate without yelling, threats, bribes or consequences
- What research shows about how children develop self-discipline
- The four power tools you can use to connect with children and help them with their emotions
- Why yelling and timeouts actually cause more misbehavior
- How you can create the relationship you want with your child
To Register, Click HERE!
View all events