Direct from Dr. Laura to You, the answers to your parenting prayers. In these MP3s, Dr. Laura addresses a specific parenting issue and answers questions from parents like you. Warm, supportive, informative and practical -- just what the doctor ordered!
Please note: These are audio products. Upon purchase, you will receive an immediate email with the product name highlighted as a link. Just click on the link to download your MP3.
Raising a Child Who WANTS to Behave
Why move beyond discipline? Because the dirty little secret about discipline is that it doesn't help kids behave. Quite the opposite, in fact.
When children "misbehave" they need our help with big feelings or unmet needs. If we address those needs and help kids work through their emotions, they don't repeat the bad behavior. What's more, we strengthen our relationship with our child, so he WANTS to please us.
By helping your child with his feelings, you eliminate most of the problems you deal with every day -- and you get yourself out of the discipline business. No more power struggles, no more yelling, no more eroding the close relationship you want with your child.
Don't worry, you won't be raising a brat. You'll still set limits, and hold high expectations. But if you set those limits with empathy, your child will WANT to behave. Empathic limits raises kids who can manage their emotions -- and therefore their behavior. This teleseminar will show you how.
What you'll learn:
1. Why empathic limits work best to raise well-behaved kids, compared to either Permissive or Authoritarian parenting.
2. How to help your child with the "big" emotions that drive "bad" behavior
3. What empathy is, why your child needs your empathy, and how to give it.
4. The secret weapon for kids who WANT to behave: Special Time.
5. Dealing with unacceptable behavior.
6. Consequences vs Reparations
7. How to create high expectations that your child wants to exceed.
8. Tools for transforming sibling rivalry.
9. How to transition from conventional authoritarian parenting to empathic parenting.
If you buy three audios or ebooks, you will get the fourth one free.
Just choose four audios or ebooks (you can mix and match.) Buy the three with the highest price tag. Then, send an email to email@example.com, listing the fourth audio or ebook. We will promptly send you a link to download your fourth audio or ebook.
You might also be interested in: