Direct from Dr. Laura to You, the answers to your parenting prayers. In these MP3s, Dr. Laura addresses a specific parenting issue and answers questions from parents like you. Warm, supportive, informative and practical -- just what the doctor ordered!
Please note: These are audio products. Upon purchase, you will receive an immediate email with the product name highlighted as a link. Just click on the link to download your MP3.
Peaceful Parenting: How to Stop Punishing, Start Connecting & Raise a High EQ Child
Audio Parenting Course
This Self-Paced Audio Parenting Class (4.5 hours) gives you three downloadable audio modules that will transform your family, beginning with you. Less
drama, more love. Guaranteed!
#1- How You Can Raise an Emotionally Intelligent Child (2 hours)
You’ve heard that Emotional Intelligence (EQ) may be more important to your child’s success in life than IQ. Dr. Laura Markham of Aha! Parenting.com translates
the research on emotional intelligence into practical everyday routines and strategies to help you raise a high EQ child. You’ll learn:
- What is EQ and why is it important?
- How you can help your child develop high EQ
- Why emotional intelligence gives kids inner discipline — and gets you out of the discipline business.
- How Children’s Emotions Work
- How children learn to manage anger, hurt, disappointment and other strong feelings.
- Five habits of interacting with your child that help him learn to manage his emotions
#2 – How You Can Raise a Self-Disciplined Child Who WANTS To Behave (1.5 hours)
Do you want to raise a child who does the right thing – whether or not you’re watching? Then you’ll want to know what forty years of research tells us
about how to raise a self-disciplined child. Dr. Laura Markham of Aha! Parenting.com shows you how to find the sweet spot between strictness and permissiveness,
without giving up your age-appropriate expectations. You’ll learn:
- What the research shows about the most effective discipline practices
- Why Punishment doesn’t work to raise a self-disciplined child– or even keep your child behaving when you aren’t watching.
- Why permissiveness sabotages your child
- The secret of raising kids who WANT to behave — without ever having to punish!
- Empathy is your secret weapon for good behavior
- Transitioning from Punishment: How to use Problem solving, not Consequences
- How to regulate your own emotions and behavior so your child learns to regulate hers.
#3 – How To Strengthen and Sweeten Your Relationship with Your Child (1 hour)
Most people on their deathbeds express regret that they weren’t closer to the people in their lives – particularly their children. Dr. Laura Markham of
Aha! Parenting.com helps you forge a sweet, strong, enduring bond that will help your child grow into a resilient, happy, successful adult. You’ll
- Why your relationship with your child is the most important factor in your child’s development.
- What research tells us about how you can influence the development of your child’s brain.
- Why a closer relationship with your child makes parenting more fun and rewarding.
- Why your children act out if you aren’t fully present.
- How to create a strong, nurturing bond with your child.
- How to use Special Time to transform your relationship with your child.
- How to use Playful Parenting to help your child overcome challenges.
- How to maintain a strong connection as your child grows, so you and your kids will have a close, loving relationship for the rest of your life.
You might also be interested in:
Would you like to try a more gentle form of discipline but you aren't sure how? Parents are often disbelieving when they hear that there are families who never spank, use timeouts, or even yell -- and their kids are well-behaved!
It isn't easy to stop yelling. You can desperately want to, and still find yourself hurting your child and driving him away. But if you know that you want to stop yelling, I assure you that it's completely possible -- no matter how ingrained it is.
By Popular Demand! Part 2 of How to Stop Yelling: Managing Your Own Emotions