Kav Lnoar & The Family Institute Of Neve Yerushalayim
Date: February 24 and 25, 2020
Location: Jerusalem, Israel
6 Sderot Wolfson Jerusalem Jerusalem District 91033
You can find descriptions of the two talks Dr. Laura will be giving below.
For tickets, click here!
Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to help children WANT to cooperate without yelling, bribes, threats or punishment
Are you tired of battling with your child? Do you wish you knew how to get your child cooperating without yelling and threats? Are you trying to find the sweet spot between spoiling and strict? Dr. Laura Markham gives you practical everyday strategies to help you raise a child who WANTS to cooperate, by working with your child rather than trying to manipulate or control.
No parent is peaceful all the time, but it's completely possible to create a more peacefulhome where affection, connection and humor help you resolve conflict happily, and where kids WANT to follow your lead. In this talk, you'll have a chance to ask questions about your own parenting, and you'll learn:
- Why children misbehave -- and how to help them WANT To Cooperate without yelling, threats, bribes or consequences
- What research shows about how children develop self-discipline
- The four power tools you can use to connect with children and help them with their emotions
- Why yelling and timeouts actually cause more misbehavior
- How you can create the relationship you want with your child
Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How to Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life
Conflict is a part of every human relationship, and children learn essential skills when they encounter conflict and resolve it. The key is supporting them to resolve conflict with mutual respect, so they’re learning conflict resolution rather than bullying. In this talk, you will learn:
- Teaching peace: how you can help your children learn to express their needs and emotions without attacking their sibling.
- A radical approach to sharing that eliminates conflict and develops generosity.
- How to connect with each child so they truly believe you couldn’t love anyone else more.
- How to foster a loving family culture that encourages laughter and minimizes fighting.
View all events