Recommended Gifts - Babies
Looking for gift ideas for a different age?
Family Bed Co-Sleeping Pad
I think this bolster is essential for cosleeping. Keeps baby safely on Mom's side of the bed for nighttime nursing, without any risk of falling off. This also lets parents stay covered under their blankets, without covering the baby. Also lets you cosleep with a second child on the other side of you. The pillow can also double as a body pillow during pregnancy. Highly recommended.
Sleep Soother - Whisbear Baby Sound Machine
Like most sleep soothers, this one emits the white noise that research shows is soothing to babies. And like most soothers, this one operates for 40 minutes and then switches off to save the battery. But some sleep soothers actually wake the baby when they go silent because of the change in sound. With this soother, if the baby wakes again, the sound goes on for an additional 20 minutes, which helps the baby go back to sleep. You can also adjust the sound volume. Cuddly plush with rustling ears. Safely attach it to a crib, car seat or stroller with securely sewn in magnets. One drawback -- it doesn't have a heartbeat or music, only the white noise.
Sassy Developmental Sensory Ball Set
"Balls, which roll and bounce, are an excellent source of information and useful play objects for a child. Children at all developmental levels can use their budding skills to chase a rolling ball."
- Magda Berger
Balls are terrific for babies and toddlers. These balls are even better, because they encourage sensory exploration. One of the balls is made of soft brightly patterned cloth, one is a squeezable bumpy teether (BPA free) and one is a ball within a ball that is visually interesting and makes a chime noise when it shakes, rattles and rolls. Any little creeper would be motivated to pull himself along to get his hands on these balls.
2011 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award and Snap Award
HABA Ring Around Clutching Toy
What a terrific concept for a teether ring for baby! Let the bright and cheery colors of the rainbow delight your little one as they shake around this sturdy, wood clutching toy with five moveable plastic rings. This classic baby toy with its simple design is perfect for first clutching and fine motor skills. The subtle noises will sooth and entertain.
Haba Walker Wagon
This is my favorite walker for little ones because:
It's so sturdy..... It lends itself to imaginary play.....It encourages interactive play as kids love to push each other around in it. It also has a long life. It's good for babies as soon as they can pull to standing, because you can adjust the built-in brakes to be sure it won't run away with your little walker. And preschoolers still love to play with it. Rubber tires on the wooden rims ensure quiet operation. It has storage space for those essentials when your toddler goes adventuring.
For a bit more money, also check out the Haba Pushing Car (below) if your child is vehicle -obsessed.
Haba Pushing Car
Is there anything better than the Haba Walker Wagon (see above)? Yes, for vehicle-obsessed kids. A walker-car! A bit more money, but it has the added benefit that kids can push each other around in it, so it's a bit easier for them to share!
- Car designed walker for toddlers
- Features smooth rolling, stable rubber wheels
- Fabric cushion is removable for cleaning
- Constructed of natural hardwoods
Sophie the Giraffe Teether
Why are these teethers by Vulli so great?
- Phthalates and BPA free
- Facilitate baby development
- Numerous parts to chew and play safely
- Made of 100% natural rubber and food paint
Cotton Nursing Necklace
Nursing necklaces give babies something to do with their hands, so they don't make a habit of pulling your hair, digging in your armpit, or twiddling the other nipple. If you're tired of swatting their hands away from your necklaces or you've put your necklaces up altogether, a Mommy Necklace can also be functional, purpose-serving jewelry for you, with the added benefit that they're a great distraction for a fussy little one.
- Jam Naturals teething necklaces are handcrafted and designed for mom to wear and baby to chew.
- Natural and organic teether for a safe alternative to plastic and silicone teething toys. Montessori inspired.
- Nursing necklace for mom to use as a sensory tool for baby, Mom and baby necklace.
Moby Wrap 100% Cotton Solid Baby Carrier
Why is the Moby such a highly rated baby carrier?
- Uses the entire back and shoulders to the distribute weight
- Wide piece of fabric to wrap over both shoulders
- Keeps baby warm while freeing both hands
- Develops a strong and secure attachment to parents
- Can be used for a preemie to 35 pounds child
- No bisphenol - A (BPA), phthalates, PVC, or artificial coloring
- Larger shield touches baby's nose, more closely simulating breast-feeding
- Complies with safety standards EN1400 and CPSIA
- Softer than silicone and won't leave marks on baby's face
- Patented, easy to clean, one piece design eliminates cracks where bacteria can hide
Anti-Nausea Seaband for Children
Does your child cry in the carseat? Maybe she's car sick! Many moms swear by the Seaband, a great remedy for carsickness.
Advantages of Anti-Nausea Seaband for Children include:
- Drug-free, so there are no side effects
- Can be used in cars, on planes, on boats, on Ferris wheels (anywhere!)
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Safe for ages 3+
Earth Mama Calendula Baby Oil for Infant Massage
Calendula Baby Oil is naturally effective and helps add silky softness to a gentle infant massage. Extra moisturizing for dry skin and top of baby’s head too, if it’s dry and scaly. Calendula-infused grape seed baby oil blend moisturizes dry skin and scalp, with virtually no scent and without artificial fragrance or nut oils. Because baby skin comes out all-natural - let’s keep it that way!
Lamaze Activity Toy, Freddie the Firefly
Perfect for hanging over the car seat to keep your baby happy while you drive. Designed by child development experts from Yale University, this plush toy offers visual, auditory and tactile interest. Sorry, can only be shipped within the US.
More Recommended Gifts
Looking for gift ideas for a different age? Here are more recommendations. Enjoy browsing!