Recommended Gifts - Tweens
Steal This Country: A Handbook for Resistance, Persistence, and Fixing Almost Everything
A walk-the-walk, talk-the-talk, hands-on, say-it-loud handbook for activist kids who want to change the world!
Inspired by Abbie Hoffman's radical classic, Steal This Book, author Alexandra Styron's stirring call for resistance and citizen activism will be clearly heard by young people who don't accept "it is what it is," who want to make sure everybody gets an equal piece of the American pie, and who know that the future of the planet is now.
Styron's irreverent and informative primer on how to make a difference is organized into three sections: The Why, The What, and The How. The book opens with a personal essay and a historic look at civil disobedience and teenage activism in America. That's followed by a deep dive into several key issues: climate change, racial justice, women's rights, LGBTQIA rights, immigration, religious understanding, and intersectionality. Each chapter is introduced by an original full page comic and includes a summary of key questions, interviews with movers and shakers--from celebrities to youth activists--and spotlights on progressive organizations.
The book's final section is packed with how-to advice on ways to engage, from group activities such as organizing, marching, rallying, and petitioning to individual actions like voting with your wallet, volunteering, talking with relatives with different viewpoints, and using social activism to get out a progressive message.
Jewelry Making Kit
- Create your own jewelry: The jewelry making kit contains jewelry making tools, jewelry making charms, jewelry making findings, jewelry making beads. Includes all jewelry finding and tools that you need for jewelry, necklace, bracelet, earring making and repair.
- Spark creativity: this kit will spark your child's imagination & creativity while promoting the development of fien motor skills.
- Huge variety of beads
Empower Poster Craft Kit
One of the developmental tasks of a Preteen is to come to acknowledge, accept and appreciate who they are as a unique person. This is a lovely creative project to help preteens with that process and give their self-esteem a boost at the same time.
- Make this feel-good poster by choosing the empowering words that describe why you're wonderful and truly unique.
- Craft kit includes one 9.75"x13.75" cardboard poster, 6 ounces of water-based glue, ten 8" tissue squares, three 8.5"X11" paper sheets, and one
Forbidden Desert Board Game
Gear up for a thrilling adventure to recover a legendary flying machine buried deep in the ruins of an ancient desert city. Players will need to coordinate with teammates and use every available resource. This game is a sequel to Forbidden Island. For 2-5 players and recommended for ages 10-15.
Forbidden Island Board Game
Dare to discover Forbidden Island! Join a team of fearless adventurers on a do-or-die mission to capture four sacred treasures from the ruins of this perilous paradise. Your team will have to work together and make some pulse-pounding maneuvers, as the island will sink beneath every step! Race to collect the treasures and make a triumphant escape before you are swallowed into the watery abyss!
- 2 to 4 players
- Develops strategic thinking, problem solving and cooperation skills.
- Ages 10 -15
Funny Nose Pencil Sharpener
A fun and functional gift for gradeschoolers up through early teens, this silly sharpener makes a great stocking stuffer!
Glow In The Dark Wonder Stars
If you had stars on your ceiling as a child, you'll know how terrific these are. If you didn't, wait until you lie with your child in her dark room looking at her glowing ceiling! Relaxing as kids fall asleep. Even teenagers love them.
These stars have a Lifetime glow guaranteed by the manufacturer. 50 "glow in the dark" plastic stars of varying sizes, with adhesive. Made by Great Explorations.
Hand Held Scalp Massager
The fastest way to instant relaxation! This innovative massager is a conduit of healing energy. It relieves tension as it softly massages acupressure points and stimulates sensitive nerves in your scalp. Great for tweens right through the teen years, this invigorating device is a great way to unwind.
- Increase blood circulation
- Provides deep relaxation and helps reduce stress
- Small enough to take with you anywhere
- Set of two
Just Between Us: A No-Stress, No-Rules Journal for Girls and Their Moms
The perfect opportunity for your to strengthen your connection with your tween this holiday season. Meredith and Sofie Jacobs have been sharing a journal since Sofie was nine. They created this fun, fresh volume to help other moms and daughters get to know each other in a whole new way. Advice and thoughtful writing prompts pave the way to discussing everything from friends and school to crushes and growing up. Also includes pages for drawing pictures and making lists and plenty of free space for writing about whatever comes to mind. With perspectives from both generations and a hip look, this one-of-a-kind journal is a surefire hit with moms and girls alike!
Little Paper Planes
An awesome celebration of a timeless pastime, this book collects constructible paper airplanes—and a few other airplane-inspired crafts—created by some of today's hottest artists. Featuring work from rising stars and indie darlings from the aptly named artists' collective littlepaperplanes.com, including Gemma Correll, Michael Hsiung, Julia Rothman, Alyson Fox, and Lisa Congdon, these patterns take the paper plane to a whole new level. Printed on perforated pages for easy removal and assembly, the planes are accompanied by instructions, artist interviews, and loads of cool visuals. From paper doll planes and shark planes to plane mobiles and mix-and-match gliders, this delightful collection is jam-packed with creative ideas sure to launch the imagination into flight.
Make Your Own Music Box
The Music Box hole punch is a music makers delight. A charming gift for tweens and teens that allows them to create their own melody by punching holes in the music paper strips provided. The Happy Birthday melody is included for you to get started. For musicians, crafters and lovers of music this is a must have item. Paper strip refills also available.
Mindfulness Matters: The game that uses mindfulness skills to improve coping in everyday life
Fun card game that teaches kids 9-18 mindfulness daily life skills and strategies to reduce stress, anger, and worry, and enhance focus and social skills.
- Mindfulness Matters is the original mindfulness card game, developed by a therapist.
- Mindfulness strategies are useful for combating stress, anger, worry and increasing focus.
- Teaches and engages children and teens in critical mindfulness skills. Players learn different mindfulness techniques and how to apply them in their everyday lives.
- Fun cooperative game play helps to enhance social skills. Ages 9-18. For 2-4 players.
Very calming for kids from toddlers to teens. (Works for frenzied adults, too!) If you sit with your child to watch this the first few times, and hand
it to your child when she's over-excited, you'll find that she gravitates to it when she wants to calm herself down. Mesmerizing And Meditative.
Our Last Best Shot
Our Last Best Shot presents the personal stories of twelve girls and boys from across America. Their stories, and Laura Sessions Stepp's extensive research, provide real insight for parents trying to raise well-adjusted children in this difficult age. Filled with wisdom and common sense, based on cutting-edge research, and featuring an invaluable resource list, this is a book that parents and educators cannot afford to be without.
Table Top Air Hockey Game
The challenge with preteens is that they stop playing pretend games, and get glued to their screens. When friends come over, they start giggling over youtube videos instead of playing physical games or even board games. But everyone loves air hockey. It's exciting, fun, and cool enough to get preteens of both genders engaged.
Mother and Son Letter Book
This is a terrific tool for bonding with your tween/early teen son. It can be hard to get tweens and early teens to share what's on their minds. This journal is a wonderful solution for that. The topics are fun and interesting. Highly recommended as a gift that keeps on giving, all year long, to both of you.
"Love this journal so much already! My son just turned 13 and I knew weâ€™d have fun doing it together. The journal is even better than I expected - great quality and the topics of things to write and work on together are just great!"
PEACEFUL PARENTING MANTRAS COLOURING BOOK
This coloring book of lovely designs is a fun way to further yourself on the path to becoming the parent you want to be or remind yourself of what you
already know. Each mantra design is accompanied by a peaceful parenting lesson. The coloring book includes:
- 10 beautiful & meaningful peaceful parenting mantras, each with a mini-lesson.
- Reminders of your best intentions
- Relax and connect with yourself and/or your children
Click here to download the digital file and print at home!
Between Dad and Me: A Father and Son Keepsake Journal
A one-of-a-kind journal for the father & son who crave a rule-free, creative way to connect with each other.
This engaging prompt journal is the perfect tool to build father-son relationships. Kids can record memories, swap stories, compare perspectives, and explore common and unique interests with their dads! Interactive lists and letters back and forth invite both dad and son to reflect, write, and doodle about topics timely to their lives as kids and build self-confidence.
Totem: the Feel-Good Game
Foster and strengthen positive relationships between family members by playing a conversation card game that encourages kids to see themselves from a growth mindset.
- Great self-esteem activity.
- Bonding experience for siblings.
- Helps children talk about things that challenge them in a way that feels safe and fun.
- A way to develop your mindfulness by simply being in the present moment feeling all these good vibes about your unique talents.
- Not all serious -- fun and engaging for all ages!
- Age 7 to adult.
Outdoor Toddler Scavenger Hunt Cooperative Card Game at The Park
A perfect first game for little ones! Toddler Scavenger Hunt Cards contain 20 double-sided sturdy cards that provide simple, satisfying questions and prompts to guide your toddler. Playing with the cards builds vocabulary and increases confidence and encourages toddlers to explore the world around them.
- Tap into your childâ€™s natural curiosity about the world around them by exploring it together with this game! Playing with the Toddler Scavenger Hunt cards will increase your toddlerâ€™s observational skills and expand their learning. A cooperative game that both you and your child can enjoy together.
The Floor is Lava - Interactive Game for Kids and Adults
The Floor is Lava! is a game where players must imagine the floor is molten hot lava while spinning the color wheel to jump to the right foam pieces to reach safety. The Floor is Lava! is a family game that promotes physical activity, an active imagination, and engaging excitement for kids and adults. Perfect family activity for moving your body inside or out!
- This game gets children jumping, leaping, playing, and improving their strength, conditioning, balance, and endurance!
- Each of these cushioned, durable, slip-resistant foam stepping stones can be used during outdoor parties or indoor sleepovers.
Grateful Together: A Gratitude Journal for Kids and Their Parents
It isnâ€™t always easy for kids and parents to talk. This shared, back-and-forth journal inspires communication and gratitude, doing surprising and wonderful things to strengthen the bond between any child and their caregiver.
- Thereâ€™s a huge range of activities and prompts that donâ€™t repeat, so each entry reveals something different.
Our Sharing Journal: Journal Notebook for Kids and Parents
In a little as 5 minutes a day, both parents and kids can enjoy this simple and fun journal. This journal is sure to get you and your kids laughing, doodling (every page has space for drawing) and connecting like never before.
Preschoolers are free to express their creativity, with squishy, squashy Playfoam that never dries out! Just squish up the Playfoam, shape it however you like, then squash it back down and start all over again.
- Non-Toxic, safe and fun sensory play
Bluetooth Shower Speaker
If you have a teen who listens constantly to music, giving them this iFox iF012 Bluetooth Shower Speaker will earn you coolest parent status. Wireless and Certified Waterproof, it pairs easily to all your bluetooth devices, so your teen can stream their music from their phone and listen while they're in the shower. Given how much time some teens spend in the bathroom, that's a big plus.
- Fully Submersible and 100% Waterproof (IP67 certified)
- Excellent, loud HD sound with an impressive 5 watts of power
- Connects to all Bluetooth Devices in less that 6 seconds
- Up to 10hrs playing time before recharging
- Dedicated suction cup included (detachable) & Carabiner Hook
- Built-in-Mic for hands free calls
- 33ft wide Bluetooth range
- Pairs easily to any bluetooth devices such as phones, tablets, computer, radio
Monkey Noodle Stretchy String Fidget
Stretch, pull, twirl, wrap and squeeze the Monkey Noodles - then watch them bounce back to their original shape! They're perfect for sensory and tactile stimulation.
Balance Stepping Stones
10 Soft and Durable Stones that encourage early learning and physical activity.
- Develop balancing skills while jumping from stone to stone, playing play hot lava or crocodiles in the water.
- Create a new obstacle playground everyday
- Can be used indoors or out!
- 2019 TOY OF THE YEAR AWARD for excellence by Creative Child Magazine
- May slip on some floors - consider adding grips to bottom if you find them too slippery.
Magic Doodle Mat
This extra large water drawing doodling mat encourages hours of creative expression!
- Fill the magic pen with clean water and draw on the magic drawing mat. After 3-10 minutes, it magically disappears, and kid can doodle on it over and over again.
Indoor Scooter Board
Work on balance and coordination while having fun with this scooter board for kids! Children will have fun building motor skills inside and out. Safe to use inside on a rainy day or outside on pavement.
Sensory Stepping Balance Buckets
This Stepping Balance Buckets Set includes 6 buckets for kids to play alone or together. Inspiring children to jump, stretch and balance for full-body
exercise, this set promotes gross motor skills, balance and coordination through physical activity. It also encourages important social skills when
playing with others.
- Each oversized bucket provides ample room for stepping.
- Can create a complex obstacle course for loads of fun.
Crocodile Hop Floor Game
This floor game can be used for individuals or as a group to get their bodies moving, build skills and have fun!
- Reinforces a range of early learning skills: color and shape recognition, numbers and counting (1-10), problem solving and gross motor skills
- Helps children practice following simple directions
Indoor Swing & Ring Combo
This swing and ring combo generates tons of indoor fun for kids! Snow, rain or shine - Be active all the time!
- Attaches in your doorway
- Includes trapeze bar & gymnastic rings combo and rope swing.
NinjaLine Intro Kit
Encourage your kids to be physically active while having a great time!
- Ninja Training with seven obstacles including: a three piece 10" x 2.5" nylon rope knows, two piece 16" monkey bar holds with triangle safety carabiners, and two gymnastics rings with textured finish
- Hang Slackline webbing between two posts or healthy trees
This sensory swing can be installed indoors or outdoors for use with children or adults. This swing is awesome for sensory seeking children or adults, can accommodate a wide range of body shapes and sizes, and helps with balance & motor skills. Gives kids of all ages a safe place to self regulate. Easy to install with a drill and a stud/joist finder.
- Swinging is a way to help with brain development, bring calm and peace or just to entertain.
- Stretchy & comfortable, this snuggles kids with a deep, enjoyable pressure.
- Easy to get in & out of.
- Works for preschoolers through teens, up to 200 pounds.
LCD Writing Tablet
Encourage endless creativity in your kids with this writing and drawing pad! Erase and start again or lock the screen so there's no accidental deletion. A great way to be creative without wasting paper!
Kids' Toy Storage Organizer
An organized play area makes it easier for kids to choose which toys to play with and can lead to a more peaceful family dynamic! This toy storage can make organizing your child's toys easy to do and easy for them to see and choose the toy they want to play with.
- Removable toy storage bins for playtime and easy clean up
- Easy to assemble toy organizer