Thank you for visiting Aha! Parenting.com.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website, AhaParenting.com.
- In e-mail or any other contact between you and AhaParenting or Dr. Laura Markham
- When you purchase any products or courses from us through this website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party (including affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from AhaParenting.com.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do use this website.
Please note that this policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Our Privacy Promise
- We promise to collect, use and store any personal data you give us in a safe and secure way.
- We promise to only use your personal data for the specific purposes stated.
Collection of Information
- We collect email addresses when you sign up for the Aha! Parenting newsletter which are used only to enroll you in the newsletter list.
- Your address and name if given for a purchase are considered confidential information and are not used for any other purpose.
- All payments are conducted through a secure banking service. We do not ever have access to your full credit card information.
- If you voluntarily send other personally identifiable information (such as names, email addresses, ages of children and descriptions of problems by advice seekers), your information is not used in any way.
- Our website uses automatic data collection technologies to monitor information regarding users' internet connections, equipment used to access our website, and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on AhaParenting.com. This includes information provided when subscribing to our newsletters, posting material, requesting further services or purchasing a product or course. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our website.
- Information you provide, including audio recordings, when you participate in online discussions, webinars, and workshops at AhaParenting.com.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys and contests.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website, or through third-party websites or services we use for processing the information.
- Your search queries on the website.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on athe website associated with a product we offer.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including pages visited, traffic data, and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This data helps us to improve the user experience at AhaParenting.com and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Troubleshoot problems with forms and other website features.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Web Analytics. We may use Google Analytics or other analytics software to track user behavior on our website. To learn more, please review the document entitled “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps,” located at google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
some parts of this site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
The following links provide information on how to modify the cookies settings on some popular browsers:
Apple Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
Microsoft Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9
Mozilla Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present this website and all its features to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries, partners and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including payment processors.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Children Under the Age of 13
AhaParenting.com is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us.
Privacy Contact Information
All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.